POP Kids' Recipe
Watermelon Soup - Surprise your family with this fun recipe!
4 cups seeded watermelon
2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
2 cups cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cups cucumber, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Blend the watermelon, lemon or lime juice, and honey in a blender until well mixed. Chill for an hour.
Dice the cantaloupe and cucumbers into one inch cubes. Or, you can use your free veggie cutter from the market to make unique shapes like flowers. Did you get a veggie cutter? Come to the market to sign up for the POP Club and you will receive one in your welcome gift bag!
Gently pour the chilled soup over the shaped fruit. Optionally, garnish with some fresh mint. Enjoy!
POP Kids' Craft
1. Gather your supplies: coffee filter, pencil, red and pink markers, spray bottle, scissors, glue, green and black construction paper.
2. Fold the coffee filter and cut in half.
3. Color coffee filter with red and pink markers.
4. Spray coffee filter with water (watch the colors blend!)
5. Let coffee filter dry.
6. Use other half of coffee filter and trace it on the green paper.
7. Cut it out.
8. Cut along the inside, of to cut out the center (this is the rind).
9. Use black construction paper to cut out seed (if you fold the paper several times you can cut out all your seeds at once!)
10. Once the coffee filter is dry, glue on your ribs and seeds!